Latest message you have seen: RE: CCTV DVR choices

RE: Henley blocks or something similar

  • Subject: RE: Henley blocks or something similar
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:55:52 +0100

Jeff,

Try these from CPC. I saw you note, knew I'd seen something but couldn't
find them 'til I opened the CPC catalogue this morning.

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CPC+Catalogue&;
product%5Fid=278014
Part # PL04230 to get you to the right page at www.cpc.co.uk
Alternatively, p1531 of the 2004 paper catalogue

One other point, watch the size of the cable from the transformer to the
distribution block - 12-off 20W lamps is 240W - that's 20 AMPS at 12V !!
You'll need some pretty chunky cable to handle that current (see
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/Charts/VoltageDrop.html
for
guideline sizing).

Also beware that if your transformer fails, all of your lights go out,
whereas if you run multiple transformers (with or without multiple
switched circuits) only some of your lights will go off if you have a
t/former failure.

Cheers,

Tim H.

+