Latest message you have seen: Re: HA Object Model or Taxonomy?

Re: CCTV on CAT5

"Pankaj Dhokia" wrote:

> > I'm right in thinking I can run bog standard CCTV cameras over
CAT5
cable
> > aren't I?
>
> I asked this question a couple of weeks ago and the answer was yes. I
spent
> some of yesterday putting down some cable. I'm going to be running two
> cameras of one Cat5. I'm using the Cat5 for video only as the power
will
be
> coming from a local PSU. Haven't tried it, but fingers crossed.

I have one CCTV camera running about 10 metres over FTP CAT5 cable, with
power at the TV end (ie remote to the camera) and it works perfectly.

Cant say about multiple cameras, just try it, but hope that helps anyway

Simon