Latest message you have seen: Re: Raspberry Pi in HA?

Making the Kiosk PC Quite

  • Subject: Making the Kiosk PC Quite
  • From: Ben McCormack <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:05:18 +0100

Hi All

I thought I would try and get all the information on making these Kiosk=20
PCs quite in one place.

Right this is what I understand

The are 2 parts that make the most noise

1. The Power Supply
2. The CPU Fan

Fixing them

The Power Supply
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

For a silent Power supply, purchase on of these

http://linitx.com/product_info.php?cPath=3D24_54&products_id=3D142

Costs about =A355

Very basic instructions

Take out old power supply
Mount 12V DC ATX Power Board somewhere in case
Connect all up

and there are pictures of this here

http://www.gadgetshed.co.uk/gallery/kioskpc

Only thing I am not sure about is how many peripherals, the 60W PS will=20
cope with

The CPU Fan
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Just a quick note to say Mark and I ordered some 40mm fans from=20
overclockers
to replace the noisy Kiosk ones, apart from having to tweak the metal=20
clip
which holds the fan to the heatsink (from the original fan) it was just=20
plug
and play.

And it is v v quiet, you can really only hear the HD now

And best of all, they are only =A32 !!!

Website
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_YS_Tech_60.html

Product
FG-007-YS

So Total cost to make the Kiosk PC quiet is under =A360.

Is there any chance someone could host this email on a website=20
somewhere, so other people can refer it it?

Regards

Ben