Latest message you have seen: Re: Google Wave

RE: Micro Motherboards..

  • Subject: RE: Micro Motherboards..
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 03:33:15 +0100

Well then I can only caution that in the past VIA Epia motherboard designs
tne processor was woefully inadequate in the intensive CPU utilisation that
WMA transcoding places on the  processor in the SliMP3 environment  -
unless
someone can cnfirm newer designs work better.

replacement)
> >    > with 1.2Tb of drives hooked up to it...
> >    >
> >    > Never seems to break a sweat...
> >    >
> >    > Phil
> >    >
Or a
> >    > file server.
> >    > > My pentium III is struggling
> >    > >
> >    > >
room - for
> >    > > video/audio/
> >    > > > (anythign else I can think of) streaming from
> the servers
> >    > > in the loft.
> >    > > >
> >    > > > Any suggestions as to the manufacturer of
> motherboards for
> >    > > this ? I've
> >    > >
> >    > > > seem some @ quietpc.co.uk but really looking
for some
> >    > sugggestions.
> >    > > >
> >    > > > ta.
> >    > > >
> >    > > > Davey
> >    > > >
> >    > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been
removed]
> >    > > >
> >    > > >
> >    > > >
> >    > > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> >    > > > --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep
of
> pop-up ads.
> >    > > > Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
> >    > > > Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
> >    > > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/IBOolB/TM
> >    > > >
> >    > > >
> >    > > >
> >    > > >
> >    > > >
> >    > > >
> >    > > >
> >    > >
> >    > >
> >    > >
> >    > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> >    > > --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of
pop-up
> >    > ads. Yahoo!
> >    > > Companion Toolbar.
> >    > > Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
> >    > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/IBOolB/TM
> >    > >
> >    > >
> >    > >