Re: OT Domain Snipping

lists@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I can't find that on the 123 site - can you provide a link out of
interest?

They call it a "Domain Watcher" you buy one (or more) and then
set it on
the domain you want. It's a 1 year subscription type thing and you can
get each one to catch as many domains as you want (which wont work if
they all expire at the same time!) 123 charge £15 + vat for them.

> None of these services *guarantee* to get you the name but usualy they
> check availability every say 30 seconds or something like that and
will
> register it as soon as it *does* become available - however, if it's a
> sought after name then someone else may be using a similar service and
> might grab in the gap between the last check your service made and it
> actually becoming available.
> How likely this is I guess depends on how popular the name would
be....

I bought a watcher with 123 for a domain that I wanted, but someone had
already bought a watch on it with snapnames.com . Unfortunately
snapnames beat 123 to the punch :'( I then set my 123 watcher on another
domain that it reg'd for me, although don't think there was likely to be
too much demand for that one, but it was easier than me hitting the
whois every day.

Cheers
--
Doogie