Latest message you have seen: Re: best HD media player to replace xbmc

Re: IR Over Coax

  • Subject: Re: IR Over Coax
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:20:19 -0000

Hi Andy,

For some reason I didnt receive this message, only saw Mark's reply
today :-(

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Andy Laurence" <andy@a...> wrote:
> I've plugged in my RF link and RF
> link plus, but it doesn't seem to work.  I noticed that my Tivo
> remote has
> stopped working too, so after covering up the transmitter, I
realise that
> it's transmitting IR constantly and overpowering Tivo's remote.  I
covered
> up the receiver in the bedroom to see if that was getting light in,
but
> that's made no difference.  Any ideas why it's making so much
noise, and why
> I can't control Tivo in the bedroom?

Where have you located the IR receiver in the bedroom ?

Does the problem only occur when the TV set is ON ?

I have an IR543 for my X10 control in the lounge and if I place it ON
the TV it just wont work, moving it slightly away makes it work fine.

There are very strong electromagnetic fields around a TV set (just
try holding a neon screwdriver anywhere near the back and watch it
light up!).

You seem to have eliminated light pickup as a possible cause because
it is still jammed even when shrouded but that wont stop EMI from
upsetting it. If it is on or very close to the TV, try moving it
further away.

HTH

Keith