Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: x10 lights turning themselves on - help please!

RE: Re: {OTish} Power consumption

  • Subject: RE: Re: {OTish} Power consumption
  • From: "Ali Watkins" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:58:08 +0100

Darren,

My advice is make sure if you hide a PC like this you can get to its
reset switch at a minimum withough having to rebuild your staircase,
really you should have some kind of hatch as you can be sure its gonna
break or something if you hide it away too much.
I used to have my ITX box in my loft, and just going up there to check
on it was annoying, so I extended the LEDs and buttons to poke through
the hatch :)

Ali

( why the SHOUTING anyway? )=20

wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I have never had a problem with leaving my PC's on 24/7 (the HA
> > system NEVER gets turned off [except for maintainance]).
However,
> > was wondering how much this impacts on my leccy bill... I was
> > horrified to find that 100W of power costs 15.6p/hr!  That means
> > 400W powerpack costs =A314 a day to run!  PLEEEASE tell me that
this
> is
> > wrong! That was for 1 PC and I run at least 4 at all times
> (including
> > some Compaq SCSI enclosures with 750W powerpacks!)
> >
> > Can anyone clarify?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Matt
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> ---
> [This E-mail has been scanned for viruses but it is your
responsibility