Re: Modify PSU of Kiosk PC

  • Subject: Re: Modify PSU of Kiosk PC
  • From: "Ben McCormack" <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 10:11:31 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Nick Shore" <nick.shore@m...>
wrote:

> [...]
reduce
> > enlarged
fan.

> > > We did a couple in our house the other night - taking out
the
> > standard PSU
> > > and replacing with the silent one from www.linitx.com
> > >

> > I would be interested to know exactly what PSU you bought?
>
> Answering for Mark (he doesn't know one end of a PSU from another :-
)

> Its the 60W Lex power supply:
>
> http://linitx.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_54&products_id=142
>
> Nick.
> http://linitx.com

Hi Nick, Mark

OK excuse me if these are stupid questions!

OK I have also just set up my Kiosk PC and I have also noticed they
are very noisy.

So if I bought this 60W Lex power supply, I guess it would be set up
as follows

Take out old power supply
Mount 12V DC ATX Power Board somewhere in case
Connect all up

Would I need anything else?

So the only fan left now would be the the CPU fan, how noisy is that?

Cheers again

Ben