Re: Airconditioning

  • Subject: Re: Airconditioning
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 08:08:28 -0000

Add another one to the list who bought a cheapy 10K BTU one from=20
Homebase last year - which is now buried at the back of a cupboard=20
until it gets REALY hot :-)

Too noisy, too inefficient and too difficult to vent properly=20
(without cutting a large hole in the wall).

You can get 'proper' split systems with external inverter for very=20
reasonable prices now, this lot ...

http://www.uk-airconditioning.co.uk/kit.htm

Do self install split systems (precharged hoses with release=20
fittings) for about =A3500.

This is near the top of my list for when we move, SWMBO says OK :-)

OF course, having not actually bought or fitted one, I'd be very=20
interested in hearing from someone who HAS fitted one !

Cheers
Kevin.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Roger Sibley"
<automated.house@r...>=20
wrote:
> Homebase have an 8K BTU unit for =A3149 - again it has a vent
pipe,=20
but this