Re: OT: Nokia 6310i Problem

Yeup - this is a well known feature of the 6310. (This handset is
the company standard a while back and I'm on my second handset, as
are many, as a result of this).

What seems to be the problem is that the contacts eventually bend
the sim card because the battery doesnot provide enough pressure
onto the back of the sim. Result is a loss of contact and a message
like 'insert SIM'. The 'fix' is to cut up a bit of business card and
sandwich it between the battery and sim. This tends to work for a
while although sometimes even this is not enough eventually.

Hope that helps

Richard