RE: Broadband - Eclipse just changed everything!!

  • Subject: RE: Broadband - Eclipse just changed everything!!
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 16:09:55 +0100

I have to admit I'm kinda taken aback - this is easily the best new thing
t=
o happen in broadband in the UK since the DSL rollout started. That it
coul=
d be seen as a negative is alien to me.

I didn't mention pricing, because I think it's *great* I currently pay
=A32=
4 a month - for the same flex service, I'd pay... er... =A324 a month.
Exce=
pt now, if I choose, I can go to 1Mb, (or higher on the 20:1 service) for
a=
bit, and only pay for the time used, rather than the =A335 for regrading t=
hat you normally have to cough up.

As for encouraging people to spend more on broadband, well... how else
does=
an ISP make money? Of course they want to get you to spend more. Eclipse d=
o make it *perfectly* clear on the website that it may be more cost
effecti=
ve to regrade rather than using Flex Time... and that's now free to do for
=
a 1 month period, rather than the =A335 regrade charge.

On the face of it, it's hard to see a negative.

I.