Re: Re: Whole House Audio Questions

> KAT5 products from KAT5.tv do this, as do the Linn Knekt range - the
> difference is that the KAT5 stuff is a fraction of the price of the
> Linn stuff. In my opinion, the KAT5 stuff sounds as good - though the
> Linn stuff LOOKS prettier, if you think that that's sufficient reason
> for spending 10 times as much on a product :-)

OTOH, the Linn Switcher (albeit audio only) is here today, whereas the
KAT5 switcher is........?

My ideal setup would be Linn knekt RCU's because yes, they are pretty (but
you can't say the amps etc are!) and they are easy for anyone to use, even
a complete n00b, connected to a kat5 switcher so I can switch video AND
audio, as well as get PC control over it all etc.

Knekt, provided you get Linn sources, also lets you change radio station,
CD tracks etc and have that info displayed on the RCU - so again all quite
nice and friendly.
KAT5 will offer IR control of sources so, like Knekt with non Linn kit,
you can change channel/station/whatever and just hope for the best, rather
than the kit telling the RCU that yes, the change has happened, and here
is the new information.

OTOH, Linn IS damned expensive for what you get and functionally, you can
exceed in some cases or come close in others without going anywhere near
the budget of Linn kit.

Really, we need all our sources to be xPL and/or xAP enabled, talking to
an x?? switcher, talking to an x?? display and THEN we'll be whistling
dixie ;)

T.