Re: MainLobby / Girder Users?

  • Subject: Re: MainLobby / Girder Users?
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 15:37:11 -0000

> I just had a quick try with a main page linking to the
WeatherLobby screen.
> It looks fantastic, but seems quite slow to appear on the Kiosk.
>
> M.

How slow? More than one second?
Weatherlobby pulls the data from the web each time you open it, so
it may be your internet connection!
Have you tried another MainLobby scene? I get to Musiclobby or
DVDLobby in about 0.6 seconds from my opening Mainlobby scene.

Keyvan

p.s: with the advent of variables and 2way comms; Dan Reicher (the
developer) has now written other plugins which hold data in
variables. WeatherLobby has not received the variable treatment yet
(hence the pull each time from web) - but other plugins of this
type; like the hororscope plugin or stock quote plugin all do it
with variables.