Fw: Router - Protection from Lightning Damage

  • Subject: Fw: Router - Protection from Lightning Damage
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:23:14 +0100

I've got 2 x Home Highway boxes with PSU if there are any use to you...

Gareth Cook
SWG EMEA North Account Manager
IBM SWG - BTE Office - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 02/06/2004 12:16 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

"Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxx>
Today 12:05

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] Router - Protection from Lightning Damage
.
Category:

We've had our Home Highway box replaced 4 times by BT in the time we've
been
in our new house - all due to lightning. Since the last incident in August
2003 we've fitted lightning protection on the mains side, but we're still
unprotected from anything coming in from the phone line.

I noticed a Belkin socket board in Currys the other day with a
"consumer
grade" lightning protection for ADSL.

Can I purchase something like this on it's own without the socket board?

What's the position with fitting something like this before or inside the
master socket?  Is that a no-no?

I would obviously need protection on both the voice and data sides, and as
I'm using the NTE5 faceplate splitter...
http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm
...I'd rather not have to buy 2 devices.

Thanks

M.