RE: Re: Diplexer & Triplexer

  • Subject: RE: Re: Diplexer & Triplexer
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:30:49 +0100

all
> works for
> > now :-)
>
> Yes, you should upgrade to crimps.
>
> Twist-ons work fine, for a while, and then aging effects
> reduces the effectiveness of the screen.
>
> Crimping provides a much better long term approach, the
> connectors themselves are cheaper, and the tool, if I
> remember correctly, is only about six quid from CPC.

Ahh, ok. I'll have another look. I was previously looking at the "Snap
&
Seal" crimps. They appear to be very high quality, weatherproof, not
too
expensive for the plugs, but the tool was 50-60 quid :-(

I wonder if poor screening (through age) is the cause of my
deteriorating Sky signal ? Dish has been up (about) 3 years and strength
& quality has got steadily worse over the last year or so.

Cheers,

Tim H.

+