Asterisk

  • Subject: Asterisk
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 19:53:33 +0100

Hi

Firstly a quick thanks to Patrick & Stuart who both contacted me
offlist to
help solve some problems I had.

I eventually managed to get the linux box running with just one network
card, it was causing some problems.
I eventually could make FWD calls with outbound audio only. Patrick had
noticed that my asterisk was always putting my local ip address in its
headers to fwd instead of my external ip. I have not managed to correct
this. I moved the linux box back to work today and after reconfiguring the
router there I had exactly the same problems ie only one way audio. I have
since setup an iax chargeable account with voiptalk.org. The config only
took me about a minute and I was able to make PSTN calls via asterisk.
Having looked around tonight it seems I should be able to connect to FWD
via
iax http://www.freeworldialup.com/advanced/iax
so maybe hope yet and then I
can have incoming fwd calls.

Earlier tonight whilst experimenting I was able to make a call between two
softphones via fwd both behind my NAT which I thought wasn't possible!

And to finish off does anyone know if it is possible for me to use an IP
phone behind my home networks NAT and connect to asterisk which is now
behind my works networks NAT? I'm guessing not but maybe someone has some
routing solution!

Thanks

Ian D