Latest message you have seen: Re: UPS Recommendation

ATTN: Geovision Users

  • Subject: ATTN: Geovision Users
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:22:50 +0100

I have recently joined your ranks... :-)

I have a GV650 running with 2 cameras all set up, and a 3rd waiting for me
to install it....

I've got version 5-401 of the software running at the mo, - I have the
update to 6-01 here ready to go, but not got round to installing it yet...

naturally, I now have loads of questions!

Firstly, not having any of the additional GV-IO modules, is there any way
interface with the software from an external app? - a command line
interface, or a COM (or DCOM) server for instance? - I'd kust like to be
able to stop / start the monitoring from another application (Homeseer
probably), when the alarm system is armed/disarmed. - currently I have all
cameras set to motion detect, and they needlessly record a huge amount when
me & SWMBO are at home.

Next, has anyone got the PDA viewer working? - if so how did you configure
it? - as I can't seem to get mine to connect to the server....

That'll do for starters I think....

TIA

Paul G.