Latest message you have seen: Re: Tivo returning to uk

RE: New Comfort keypad install dilemma

> Unless of course Comfort isn't quite like most other panels....

Some of the bell boxes operate differently, mine certainly does.  There are
6 wires going to the bell box 2 for strobe power, 2 for siren power and 2
for tamper.  When the comfort panel wants to put the strobe or siren on it
triggers the appropriate pairs.  Alternatively if the wire gets cut or the
tamper switch on the bell box cover (and comfort box tamper switch if
connected up) gets triggered the bell box uses it's internal power to sound
the siren and strobe.

This means when you power down the comfort system in security off the
tamper circuit is still complete and therefore the bell box does not sound.
Where as if the power is cut in away mode because comfort is powered by the
battery you can choose whether to sound the alarm or not.  Personally I
don't, I just get comfort to phone me to say the power has been cut, alarms
going off when there is a  powercut is my pet hate.

Therefore if you disconnect the battery and then cut the power to comfort
the bell box will not sound. Obviously this system means if you know which
wires to cut you can cut the 4 for the alarm box and then leave the 2
tamper ones in place and then break in.  But you would have to break in to
get to the wires anyway so no real issue and comfort would still try and
dial out to say the alarm had gone off.

S.

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy or otherwise use it and do not disclose it to anyone else.
Please notify the sender of the delivery error and then delete the
message from your system.
Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author only.
Communications will be monitored regularly to improve our service and for
security and regulatory purposes.
Thank you for your assistance.