Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Smart Metering Privacy

Re[4]: 160gb drive seen as 127gb - under windows 2k

U> all fairly modern bios's understand 48lba, it's Win2K &  XP that
natively
U> don't until you install SP3/4 for 2K or SP1 for XP.

U> The catch22 is that you can't (unless you've built a slipstreamed CD)
U> install the SP until you've installed Windows, by which time it's too
U> late...

U> So just partition what you can, install Windows, install the SP, then
use
U> Partition Magic etc to pick up the rest of the space...

I have the sp4 and used the 48lba program to add the appropriate
registry entry, but I borrowed Partition Magic 8 from a friend over
the weekend and it can only see 137gb. What have I done wrong?

Thanks.