Re[2]: 160gb drive seen as 127gb - under windows 2k

JN> http://www.48bitlba.com/index.htm

I read this thread and realised I have a 160Gb drive and Windows 2000.
Sure enough, Windows reports it as 127Gb. I flashed the latest bios so
the bios should be large drive comptible.

I also visited the url above. They have some downloads: there is a terrible
trial version that does not work, but there is also a small, free program
set the windows registry. I used the latter and windows is now set-up
correctly. BTW I read the Microsoft knowledge base which tells you how
to change the registry yourself with regedit, but I could not get it to
accept the given string.

I also have windows automatically download its updates (is this a good
or bad thing to have an MS "trojan" on my system?) and it says it
is
using SP4.

So eveything is set-up as it should be but the drive still shows as
127Gb. Do I need to reformat the drive to get it to grow to its real size?
Or can I do this without data loss, e.g. with Partition Magic or something
similar.

Is there a program which converts from 1024 Gb to 1000 Gb and vice
versa? Foolishly when I had seen it say 127Gb previously, I thought it
was because of the 1000 vs. 1024 debate!

Thanks.