RE: Re: Media Servers - Big Hard Drives

  • Subject: RE: Re: Media Servers - Big Hard Drives
  • From: "James Hoye" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:00:23 +0100

> Ouch on the Firewire controller! £41!!!!
>
> I bought about 2 years ago an external firewire case with internal PSU
> capable of handling 2 HDs for £50.
>
> £41 just for the controller seems to be a tad expensive if you ask me!

Well, that's the first one that I came across after some Googling... so
anyone feel free to find a better price - they must be cheaper if you can
buy one of those cases that takes 8 drives for around 170 quid!

And a little bird tells me that our illustrious leader is bricking himself
that his line will pass the ADSL test today!!!  Welcome to the 21st century
Mark [at last after much campaigning]!

James