RE: Bargain (?) and import duty from play.com...?

  • Subject: RE: Bargain (?) and import duty from play.com...?
  • From: Ho Yin Ng <yahoogroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:05:05 +0100

Well I did a quick search and digital point have this TV for =A3579 inc
VAT=
=20
without the stand.

http://www.digital-point.co.uk/model.asp?ID=3D251&source=3Dkelkoo

Still good value! If only I could afford to buy one .. I am so jealous!

Ho Yin

At 10:59 20/07/2004, Ho Yin Ng wrote:
>At 10:52 20/07/2004, you wrote:
>>Seems the TV has gone up in price to =A3999.00.  If you actually
click on=
the
>>side-ad ( which still stays =A3549 ) - it comes up at =A3999.00 -
what is=
going
>>on ? Who said it was too good to be true ?
>>
>>Jeff

DVD/VCR.=
It
>>also has free delivery, the stand AND a 5 year guarantee.  It is
=A3749 a=
ll in
>>but if you didn't want the DVD/VCR combo I'm sure you could good
money (=
=A3100
>>- =A3130) on eBay for it. Its rrp is =A3199 but can be got online
new for=
around
>>=A3150...  Play v John Lewis. mmm let me think about that.  :-)
>>
>>Or you could try eBay for the TV itself...
>>
>><http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3D22639&item=3D=
57103457>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3D22639&i=
tem=3D57103457
>>21&rd=3D1&ssPageName=3DWDVW
>>
>>Malcolm

mean =
ie
>>S/U
>>

>>   Have you found any other 32 inch sets as I'm currently looking.
>>
>>   Panasonic 32pd30
>>   Toshiba 32pz38

morning:
>>=20
>><http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=3Dtitle&r=3DELEC&title=3D182195>htt=
p://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=3Dtitle&r=3DELEC&title=3D182195

>>   After reading some reviews, it seems like a good deal to me.
What more=
,
>>they
>>   were selling (now sold out) the exact same TV last
>>   week WITHOUT the stand for =A3899 (=A3350 more expensive).
>>
>>   Am I missing something...?
>>
>>   OK, so I am very tempted but the only doubt I have is over
import
>>   duty. The max I have order from play in the past was =A3285 for
an LCD
>>   Monitor/TV. This arrived by Parcel Force and was not subject to
any
>>   duties. Has anyone every been hit for import duties when buying
from
>>   play.com...?
>>
>>   Their T&C states the follow:
>>   "If your delivery address is outside of Jersey, you may be
subject
>>   to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment
reaches
>>   your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance
must
>>   be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary
widely
>>   from country to country; Play.com advises each customer to
contact
>>   their local customs office for further information."
>>
>>   TIA,
>>   Andy.

>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>

>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>

>>-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
>>The information contained herein is confidential and is intended
solely=20
>>for the
>>addressee. Access by any other party is unauthorised without the
express
>>written permission of the sender. If you are not the intended
recipient,=
=20
>>please
>>contact the sender either via the company switchboard on +44 (0)20
7623=20
>>8000, or
>>via e-mail return. If you have received this e-mail in error or
wish to=20
>>read our
>>e-mail disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to
>><http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/>http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/
or=20
>>contact the sender. 3167
-------

>>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=3D129l1d3q6/M=3D283686.4531047.5839501.44200=
29/D=3Dgroups/S=3D1705041992:HM/EXP=3D1090403581/A=3D2044486/R=3D0/SIG=3D10=
svm8ftb/*http://www.theironshop.com>