Re: 160gb drive seen as 127gb - under windows 2k

It all depends on your view of the law :-)

The downloads come from AllOfMp3.com, which is a Russian website
providing music at $0.01 per Mb.  It is apparently legal in Russia,
because they pay royalties to an official Russian copyright
organisation, similar to the way radio stations pay to play music here.
It's a loophole really, similar to the one that Weblisten.com uses in
Spain.  The legal grey area starts when you consider whether something
like music bought legally in Russia under Russian laws and imported via
the internet to the UK is still legal here.   I would argue that it is.

It's not like filesharing - I have paid AllofMp3.com for the music, and
I'm not making it available for anyone else to download.  I know it's
ridiculously cheap to us in the UK (around $1 per album), but maybe not
so cheap in the context of the Russia where genuine CDs cost around $3.
However, if the record companies don't think they are getting enough
royalties from AllofMp3, that is nothing to do with me.

Mal

John Andrews wrote:

>Cheers
>
>Should I even ask WHERE you are downloading 9gb's from?

"moved" all my
>>"orphaned" mp3 files into their own directories - which I
could not find
>>anywhere on the machine afterwards.
>>
>>Now I have to download that lot again :-(  So beware - if using
Win2k,
>>make sure you get the service pack on straight away.
>>
>>I'm sure NTL are going to have a good moan when I do another 9Gb
>>download ;-)
>>
>>Mal
>>

>>Jim Noble wrote:

>that