Re: Media Servers - Big Hard Drives

  • Subject: Re: Media Servers - Big Hard Drives
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:12:07 -0000

MicroDirect have the 300Gb - 7200RPM - SATA Maxtors at =A3147 plus VAT:

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Productinfo.aspx?ProductID=3D6815

My current video server has 8x200Gb Maxtors in the silver coloured=20
Lian (I think) supposedly silent case. The noise is very very=20
obtrusive.
I think when you have more than a couple of HD's in one case, it=20
becomes too noisy for viewing area placement - so in most cases (in=20
may case anywat) the video/DVD server ends up in node zero with SFF=20
low noise pc's for the clients.

Keyvan