RE: UKHA2004 Video Ready for Download!

  • Subject: RE: UKHA2004 Video Ready for Download!
  • From: "Robert Chasmer" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:52:34 +0100

> From: Mark McCall [mailto:lists@xxxxxxx]
> Of course a HUGE thanks goes again this year to Paul Gale of Silicon
> Pixel for donating many many hours of his time and all his equipment
> for the making of this video!!

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/downloads-file-13-details-UKHA2004_Video.html

I've just had a chance to watch the video, and all I can say is WOW!

* The effort made by everyone in creating very impressive stands
* The professional and clear explanations of the products in the interviews
* And of course Paul Gale's excellent filming and production of the video

So, when my other half wakes up I'm going to get her to watch the video and
see what she thinks, I should be saving for :-)

Shortlisted at the moment is:-
* Kat5 Switcher
* Ian Birds wall controller
* Comfort
* Comfort Companion (see questions below)
* xAP / xPL as a glue somewhere.  I still need to give these a try at
home...
* xAP desktop, very nice.  I'd need to get a Caller ID interface and
weather
system to go with it (any recommendations)
* CBUS (Could be a lot of work for a retrofit but I'd prefer that work
rather than look at the wireless solution)
* The dynalite LED lighting (To add to the colour kinetics iCoves I have)
* Barix Home Automation kit.

I've got a few questions about Comforts companion:
* I've been looking at getting comfort for a long time, and really like the
look of the the companion touch screen.
* Is the Companion UI reprogrammable, e.g. via a PC much like the pronto
* Is the companion a completely sealed unit or does it have to off load
some
of its processing to a HA PC Server of somesort?
* The half second or so lag that appeared when pressing the buttons
has/will
this be improved to the proved for the production model.  The screens look
very good, but the speed of the UI I think needs to be more responsive,
much
like Ian Birds simpler but responsive control.
* The camera feeds that were demo'd on the comfort, do they plug into
comfort somewhere, or can this just be a feed or something of a GeoVision
camera system.

Once again well done everyone!

Rob
--