RE: Re[2]: dedicated cd players versus jukebox software: which is best?

  • Subject: RE: Re[2]: dedicated cd players versus jukebox software: which is best?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:10:11 +0100

> Do they (I think I read this before and I should be asking
> "did they") make dvd changers too?
>
> How many discs do they/did they hold and were they
> multiregion, prog out, etc?

Yes - Pioneer, Kenwood and Sony all make DVD changers capable of taking
300+
or 400+ DVDs ... Some of them are also daisy-chainable for bigger
collections.

That's the good news...

...the bad news is that they all exist over the far side of that bloody
great big wet patch called the Atlantic. All three of those manufacturers
deem the UK not to be appropriate for those lovely big changers and the
best
we get given is five disc ruddy changers and that's about it.

Pissed off about it? You bloody bet I am...

Phil