Tomtom sat nav gps with ipaq

On the recommendation of people here, I bought a tomtom. The prices
seem to have fallen over the last year. I bought the bluetooth model
thinking it would save me from having to plug it in and un-plug it
everytime I get into/out of the car. I forgot thought that it is
battery powered and that one day the battery will need re-charging, so
it is necessary (sometimes) to have a cable so you don't escape wires
after all. Does anyone know whether you can get new batteries when
this one eventually packs up, or do you have to replace the whole
unit?

I think I would recommend the wired version of tomtom because it is
much less in price; although the bluetooth model is software and
gps device only, the wired model comes with a car kit too to mount the
ipaq on. I need to buy this spearately to go with the BT kit, which
will cost another £40.

I found that the gps receiver takes a while to "warm up" but if I
switch it on when I walk to the car, by the time I sit down, it
usually has found where I am. I don't know if the wired version is any
better?

I haven't driven through any valleys so I don't know if you can keep
the signal. I have lost it once or twice, and I wish it would say so,
othewise you keep going staright ahead, without realising it has
stopped working!

All this was preamble for a question, but I can't remember what that
was now!