Latest message you have seen: =?us-ascii?Q?RE:_=5Bukha=5Fd=5D_Re:_ARRGHH_I_thought_this_was_supose?= =?us-ascii?Q?d_to_be_simple!?=

TV Picture Problems

  • Subject: TV Picture Problems
  • From: "Paul Smith" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:48:58 +0100

Hi,

I have been having poor picture problems for a while now and
thought it's about time to sort it out. The set up is very simple rf.

We have an aerial in the loft which is connected to tivo2
(channel 23) and then to tivo1 (channel 69) and then to a simple RF amp
which then feeds all the TV's.

I have selected channel 23 and 69 using Keith's taboo TV
site.

By a process of trail and error have found that tivo1 when
not connected to the RF leads has 88volts (AC) between the chassis and
the RF lead. This is also present between the two tivo's and also
between tivo1 and earth.

Now with both tivos out of the loop I get a better, but not
great, picture, so I'm thinking that the amp is on its way out. It's at
least 6 years old.

Of course my big concern is the 88volts on tivo1. is this a
ground loop problem ?

Regards,

Paul

Paul Smith