From: David Buckley
Sent: Fri 09/07/2004 08:24
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [OT] Coding style nazis

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ian D. Wlloughby" <ian@i...> wrote:

> No that's wrong you forgot to start it in column 7!!!!

Column 10, shirley?

This looks awfully like S/360 assembler, and as I recall it (and
this is several years ago) labels were up to 8 chars, a blank, and
then the opcode.  Columns 1, 10, 16, 40, 72 for label, opcode,
operand, comment, and continuation char respectively..

> GO  LA  R12,48(R10)
>     SVC 47
>     XR  R15,R15
>     BR  R14

I still code assembler this way to this day, eg...

fgcyes:  mov   ah,2                    ; f=GetChar
mov   dx,_port                ; port
int   014h                    ; returns char in al

You might like to look at the hercules-390 list here on yahoo, which
is full of nutters running mainframe emulators on their PCs...