RE: Re: [OT] Video Editing

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] Video Editing
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:01:09 +0100

The way I'd do it (cos I have the software/hardware) is to import it/them
into Premiere Pro and then lay the logo on the image where you want it and
then re-output to whatever format. Works really well. The big problem is
that you're then re-compressing and already compressed/encoded stream which
results in a loss in quality. How much all depends on the quality,
datarate, frame size etc of the original videos you have. If they're high
quality, high datarate MPEG-2 then the loss won't be so noticeable
(depending on the settings you use to output them).

If you can't get hold of Premiere Pro, there are other (much) cheaper video
editing progs around that *may* be able to import mpeg and work with it
such as Pinnacle Studio, Vegas Video etc etc. You would need to check they
support mpeg import and editing though as this is a reasonably new thing to
be able to do.

Paul.