Re: Multi-output amp

Thanks for the info Paul.

What I might try is to build my own 4 zone amp and control system. I
have an empty 19" rack chassis and I thought about building a eurocard
based design. As you need more zones, you simply plug in a new board (up
to 10 as this is what the supply I plan to use can handle) Each zone is
only 15W per channel and more than enough for what I want to use it for.

The control is via CAN bus but can easily be xAP, xPL etc as I will add
in an Ethernet and an RS485 interface for other bods!!! You can have up
to 4 switchable inputs to each amp module and each room can be different
with separate volume control etc. You could probably buy this, but I
prefer the challenge of a do it yourself!!!  :o)

I'll feedback on how I get on. First zone should be in test next week
with some parts from CPC/Maplin/Rapid etc.

Regards
Dave...

---
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes...!!
---
http://www.v8carlton.com
http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk
---