Re: TelCanto - Music Control Application Released

  • Subject: Re: TelCanto - Music Control Application Released
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 15:53:27 -0000

> >>Look's like I'm still writing my own app :-(
> >>

> >Me too, although I plan to use a web interface on as much as
possible.  Most things should be possible with xAP or xPL running on
the web server.  Of course, I need to find a copy of IE for my Jornada
first :-/

The Embedded Visual Basic development environment for PPC is a free
download. It's a bit flaky in places (UDP networking doesn't work
properly, for example), but it's ideal for this kind of project. I do
have an not-very-stable active-X xap control for eVB somewhere, but if
I was starting again I'd probably just use TCP & the xAP router to
join them together. You should be able to do that straight from eVB
with no major hassles.

Patrick