Re: XBox on a Plasma

Dean Barrett wrote:

> If i play on a Portable my usual standard of crap provails. But if i
use
> Plasma i move up into the ultra crap league :(

> I'm cascading the Xbox through, DVD, Sky+, Netgem then into a JS RGB
> Plasma convertor. - Would this cause delays ??

Units like that often lag a few frames inorder to de-interlace, add to that
the
plasma itself probarbly having to double buffer and you may be 2-3 frames
behind
by the time it hits the display.

I tried playing on an LCD projector and I found the lag to be noticable
enough
to effect gameplay.

I bet the lipsync is out too when you play stuff as well. Chaining thru the
other gear wont cause problems as its just an electrical connection via the
2
scarts, but you will definatly have some delays in anything that properly
converts formats.