xbox multiregion

OK, here is what is likely to be a simple question for those xbox gurus
amongst you.  I've looked around web and not fully clear as to best route.
I'd like to make my sons xbox so he can play R1 DVDs in addition to the
standard R2 setup for a UK sourced xbox.  No games from other areas, just
the
simplest way to make an xbox play r1 dvds.
thank you in advance, robin