Re: Re: Vigor/ADSL Help

From: "John Benfield" <john.benfield@xxxxxxx>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, ian.bird@c... wrote:
> >
> > Set the router address e.g. 192.168.1.1 in my case as the default
> gateway
> > on the wired/wireless connection - whichever you are using.
> >
> > Ian
>
> Already done. I'm using DHCP so this is automatic.

Sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs, but... First port of call is to
establish how much connectivity you have.  Open a command window (Start

Run > cmd), and type "ping av.com".  This will try and ping
Altavista.  If
it says bad IP address or something along those lines, then it's not
resolving DNS.  In which case try "ping 66.218.71.198", which is
the IP
address of av.com.  If that fails, you've got network connectivity issues.
Try typing "tracert 66.218.71.198".  This will show a list of
routers your
traffic is going through on the way to its destination.  What's the last
one
it shows before the asterisks appear?

If the first ping test was OK, it's more likely to be problems with your IE
settings.  Check that no proxy is enabled, and it's set to connect via the
LAN, rather than via dialup.

Cheers,
Andy
--