Any tips for plastic working.

  • Subject: Any tips for plastic working.
  • From: Stuart Grimshaw <stuart.grimshaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 10:40:41 +0100

I have an LCD display that I bought years ago, that I would like to
mount in a plastic single backbox faceplate. I have a Dremmel (well, a
cheap equivelent, does that same job) and various saws, but what I
always strugle with when doing anything other than drilling holes is
keeping the lines straight.

Does anyone have any tips for cutting a straight line in plastic? What
do you use to do it?

How do you smooth off the edges so that they remain straight, I find
that the dremmel melts the plastic and leaves a non-straight edge, a
nasty black burn mark and a nasty smell too.

--
-S