Re: CCTV zoom lens wiring? *PLUS* help me get a gig!!

> After buying a number of crappy cameras off ebay, I've gone a bit more
> upmarket and landed myself a Baxall CD9772LV with a Computar
H10Z0812AMSP
> 8-80mm zoom lens. for 60 quid! Now that seems like a painfully good
> bargain ;)
>
> Trouble is, there's no data on the lens, so I've no idea how to hook
it
up.
> There are two cables that come from it: one is 3-wire
(red+white+black)
that
> goes to the back of the camera, so I'm assuming that this is some sort
of
> iris control.
>
> The other cable is unconnected, and has red, black, orange, green
wires.
> Presumably this is zoom and focus, but are these things analogue,
digital,
or
> what?

I installed a Baxall (very similar maybe same) model for Mark a while ago.
Yes, the wires from the lens are usually for the electronic iris.  Mark
should have the data sheets/manual somewhere - I'm sure the lenses are
fairly similar.

I don't think you'd connect up the other wires (red/black/org/grn) unless
you have some sort of telemetry system as you need a way of controlling the
zoom.

James