CCTV zoom lens wiring? *PLUS* help me get a gig!!

  • Subject: CCTV zoom lens wiring? *PLUS* help me get a gig!!
  • From: "Ant" <ant@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 15:46:03 +0100

Wotchamates,

After buying a number of crappy cameras off ebay, I've gone a bit more
upmarket and landed myself a Baxall CD9772LV with a Computar H10Z0812AMSP
8-80mm zoom lens. for 60 quid! Now that seems like a painfully good
bargain ;)

Trouble is, there's no data on the lens, so I've no idea how to hook it up.
There are two cables that come from it: one is 3-wire (red+white+black)
that
goes to the back of the camera, so I'm assuming that this is some sort of
iris control.

The other cable is unconnected, and has red, black, orange, green wires.
Presumably this is zoom and focus, but are these things analogue, digital,
or
what?

On a completely unrelated note, my band has an opportunity to play a big
summer festival here in Cambridge: do us a favour by voting for "The
Christena Maloney Band" at this url:

http://w3.cambridge-news.co.uk/lifestyle/competition.asp

cheers

ant