RE: Re: [OT] Cutting up a wmv file

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] Cutting up a wmv file
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 11:33:02 +0100

Yes - use Premiere Pro - it now allows editing of WMV files directly on
the timeline. I'm sure there are probably other ways of doing it but
Premiere is by far the best (it's what I use).

For editing DV or other footage, Premiere is still the best but there
are then other apps available for cheaper and quicker to learn. Pinnacle
studio 8 is quite good.

To get analogue video into the computer, you'll need some form of
analogue to DV converter (Belkin etc do these with varying levels of
quality). There is a device by Dazzle I think called a DV bridge that is
meant to be excellent and does this . Alternatively, you can get a
capture card with analogue inputs.

As to copyright on the video - We're allowing free download,
distribution etc for personal use but not any modification of any sort
without permission. Any commercial use would also attract useage and
licensing fees. It really depends on how you want to use it and what
for. There would also be additional stipulations such as the use of
credits, copyright messages etc and I would want to edit here.

I'm not trying to be awkward but obviously need to protect the huge
amount of effort that has gone into the project so far :)

Let me know what you're thinking and maybe we can discuss some form of
agreement.

Cheers,

Paul