RE: temperature controlled pc fan

  • Subject: RE: temperature controlled pc fan
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 08:35:52 +0100

Hi Paul

Just buy a thermostat from your electrical supplier. They do sell them the
opposite way around to normal heating type stats. Just a pair of contacts
close at what ever temperature you set. We use them in our transmitter
racks
and we also have a large fan switched on one of these to circulate the air
in the building if the temperature rises to high.

Ian D

there
for anything to
> work reliably. So I have a rack which has a PC fan installed in the
back,
with a duct to
> the soffet where I hope (once it's running) it will be able to pull in
sufficiently cool
> air to keep the air in the rack cool enough. What I'd like to do now
is to
have this
> switched so it's either on only when the temperature is above some
threshold, or so that
> the speed changes with the temperature.
>
> I've found a suitable kit on maplin's (http://tinyurl.com/yt4yc) for
on/off control, and a