Re: [OT] Hard bounce

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Hard bounce
  • From: Richard Malcolm-Smith <rich@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:08:53 +1200

John Nye wrote:

> Wondered why I was not getting any mail from my yahoo groups and found
I had
> a 'hard bounce' (sounds as if it should be enjoyable?)
>
>  Reason given is "Remote host said: 550 scr files are not
accepted here
>  [BODY]" - Google was not any help.
>

>  Anyone give me a clue as to why??

Someone tried to email you a .scr file via yahoos server, your server
refused,
and then yahoo decided that it meant that your address was no longer
working, so
suspended delivery.

Happens often. Its just one of those things, you can either change your
mail
server to one that will accept messages with dodgey files, you can complain
yahoo (like that will achieve anything) or you can accept that its rare and
be
on the look out for all your yahoo lists stopping at once sometime in the
future.