RE: What Antivirus Software?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: What Antivirus Software?
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:39:52 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

From: Neil Fuller [mailto:neil@fuller-family.com]=20
Sent: 28 January 2004 07:01
To: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ukha_d] What Antivirus Software?

>Last months Computer Shopper slated Nortons, finding that it (and
McAfee) =
>failed to detect any test trojans they tried it with. Comp Shop
suggested =
>F-Secure or Kaspersky.

Hmm. That sounds awfully like BS.

Computer Shopper has a bit of a habit of writing articles to favour it's
bi=
ggest advertiser of the month, but that's pretty low.

As a Support Company, we see a lot of machines with "other" AV
products on =
them... and always in a negative context.

F-Secure is, (in my opinion of course) best summed up in this way: the F
st=
ands for "Festering" and Secure should be spelt "Sh*t".

>So, given that I have ADSL and 5 PC's to cover, anyone got any idea for
>s=
omething more cost effective?

Symantec AV 8.1 Small Business Edition Box Product: Server + 5 Clients,
and=
the most reliable AV on the planet, bar none.

It's the only AV product I ever suggest now: fifteen/sixteen customer
sites=
with *lots* of internet users, and not a single virus problem since instal=
ling it.=20

Currently =A3148 from Misco (www.misco.com)

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com=20