Occupancy PIRs

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Occupancy PIRs
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:19:31 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Simon

First of all, commiserations on your awful luck of late, hope things
start going in the right direction from now on in.

I will (all things being equal) be building a new house soon, and am
designing it to be automated from the ground up.  The use of
occupancy sensors is already taken as read, and I expect I'll need
between one and two dozen.

Just for info, I also have a sort-of plan to have two (or more)
sensors per room, and build an interface card that allows them to be
used for intruder detection, by using (probably) a combination of
pulse count and voting. The interface card and the sensor wiring and
alarm interfaces will all need to comply with BS4748 so it is seen
as "proper" alarm.  To do this requires tamper detection.  When
you
build the next units, it would be handy if there were a couple of
extra cores in the multicore cable of the unit, just joined together
in the housing.  This would form an acceptable tamper loop, which
would ease integration into an alarm system.

Anyway, nest of luck with your next endeavour, and I do hope it all
goes well.

David.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com