Re: [OT] Wireless help needed

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Wireless help needed
  • From: "Rob Lamb" <rjl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:59:14 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Pedro,

it must be something to do with the PPC now as I've tried the new
card in the laptop and that connects no problem and gets an IP
address from the DHCP. I've updated the PPC driver (it's a Netgear
MA701 CF card) but still nothing. It connects to the AP and you can
see it in the AP's client list but I get no further than that.

Any ideas?

Rov

--- In ukha_d@yahoogroups.com, "Pedro de Oliveira"
wrote:
> Rob
>
> Have you tried connecting anything else to the access point?  I'm
trying
> to understand if it is the AP which is at fault or the PPC?
>
> Cheers
> Pedro

It's
> all installed on the network nicely and I can get my PPC to
connect
> to it but the PPC (Pocket PC 2002) doesn't get assigned an IP
> address by my router's DHCP. The PPC's adapter shows up in the
AP's