Re: (OT) Voltage USA- UK

I have a 1200VA 110V transformer with a 4 gang USA extension board attached
if anyone is interested?
----- Original Message -----
From: Stephen
To: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] (OT) Voltage USA- UK

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 08:38:41 -0000, you wrote:

>Can I get a wall pount plug socket that
>Is US format with the transformers built in.

If you look on the  cpc and maplin websites, they do plug in adaptors
that plug into a UK socket and give a US socket on the back. They are
just like any other plug in power supply really. Rather than stepping
down the voltage to say, 12v dc, there is a transformer inside that
steps down the 240v to 110v. They are only rated for low power
appliances though. You can get larger step-down transformers if you
pay extra. I think you need to find someone selling US sockets and
then run a 110v ring main from a suitably rated transformer. I'd be
interested in this too; many HA imports have US plugs ;)

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com