RE: convert normal homephone to Bluetooth or use PC instead

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: convert normal homephone to Bluetooth or use PC instead
  • From: "Alistair Watkins" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:50:58 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Hi,

A while back nokia made something that plugged into a standard Nokia
headset jack (I think its pretty similar to a 3.5mm stereo connector)
which then allowed you to connect it to a Bluetooth headset.
It wasn't particularly easy to use (you had to use various button
presses to pair the headset and adaptor) and it was another thing to
charge up, along with the phone and headset, and the audio quality was
very poor.

Maybe you can still get one on eBay but I think they were discontinued a
while back, and probably forgotten about!  Don't see why another company
like Plantronix or something couldn't make a similar product, it aint
particularly complex!

HTH a bit
Ali

Alistair Watkins  mail@alistairwatkins.com