Re: Remote Connection.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Remote Connection.
  • From: "David Cole" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:25:38 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

I use dyndns in conjuction with BulletProof ftp.

One other program you need is something like 3DWatch http://eurocomp.
info/3D/index.htm which is one of the programs that automatically
updates the dyndns server of your current IP address.

If this is what you want to do, access your files from other
locations. Then you can download bulletproof ftp via Bittorrent from
http:\\www.suprnova.org. Just go to the apps section.

Hope this helps

Dave C

--- In ukha_d@yahoogroups.com, "Pete Shew" <pete@s...>
wrote:
> You don't actually need to have a static IP address, just one that
you know
> about when  you want to connect. There a number of free dynamic DNS
> services that will can be automatically updated by your server, and
will
> provide your IP address on demand. Example http://www.dyndns.org
>
> You register with the service, pick one of their available domains
and get
> a subdomain, e.g. simon.homeip.net and set it to your current IP
address.
> Assume your ISP changes your address. A piece of software on your
computer,
> or on some routers, spots the new IP address and contacts the
service to
> make the update. When you want to connect you use simon.homeip.net
which is
> resolved to your current address.
>
> Pete

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com