Re: XCam2 Instant-On - Colour Camera, w/RF Transmit & Receiver

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: XCam2 Instant-On - Colour Camera, w/RF Transmit & Receiver
  • From: "Alistair Watkins" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:37:26 -0000 (GMT)

Rob,

I just updated the ledgendary Train Cam (tm almost!) to a wireless Xcam 2.
I found the lens it comes with really darkens the picture, so at night its
pretty useless.  I also have a problem as I have WiFi so, the interferance
can get a bit nasty, but on the whole its fine.

you can grab a pic from my cam at
http://www.infinitefunk.co.uk/cam/image.php
although in the evening when
my PC is on, it switches over to my Kodak USB cam so as to avoid the
interferance problems and the low light issues. I'm not home today though,
so you should be ok having a peek!

I got a few from PC world for a bit under £50 which came with the cam,
reciever, mini tripod, wall mount and the battery pack. I feed it into my
server using a standard TV card, then use camserve to broadcast it on
Linux, and webcam XP on windows.

>from
and argos and such, this is one of the best.. just make sure you dont use
wifi or bluetooth too close to the reciever or cam :)

Another good point is I can pick up someones Sky Digital feed in my block
of appartments :)

drop me an email if you want to know more,although i guess YMMV.

HTH
Ali