RE: Beds (was: Re: [OT] Woodworking - making a tape storage shelf system)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Beds (was: Re: [OT] Woodworking - making a tape storage shelf system)
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:35:19 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Keith,

The slatted base and mattress is actually from Alice's cot which is 1200mm
by 600mm. Overall size of the bed is around 1300mm x 650mm.

I was really struggling to find a nice toddler-sized bed for reasonable
money and I didn't want to buy a cot-bed. After all, she's moving out of a
cot so a cot-bed was just a waste of money. In the end, I decided to make a
bed from the cot base (two ends and two rails for strength). It's worked
really well, though it's quite small to look at - it looks smaller than the
cot, but obviously, it's not.

Mothercare do cot-bed mattresses in 1400mm x 700mm and a few other sizes
around that. I reckon this one will last about two years before she grows
out of it, but by then she'll have moved bedrooms and I'll (probably) make
another one.

Steve

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com