Re: Re: Automating a combi boiler

Hi Brian,

The boost feature that I added is a real 'boost' to the system as I can now
hit this button late at night when I am working late on the computer or
watching TV and not have to worry about switching it off again when I go to
bed.

The other good bit about the system that I like is the ability to control
it via SMS from my phone. Coming home to a nice warm house is much better
than before where I would feel cold until it reach a comfortable level. All
these things you can do when you have control of the system.

I look forward to the documents when you finally get time to yourself. Work
can be a right pain at times  :o)

Dave...
PS.. We hit our broadband trigger at the weekend, so I will be putting my
boiler control on the net next. With lots of security, mind!!!

---
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes...!!
---
http://www.v8carlton.com
http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk
---

Brian G. Reynolds wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> At present there is no connection to anything. It has a built in
> mechanical clock.
>
> One of the reasons for automating the heating is there is no support
> for "boost" so if I manually switch the heating on it stays
on till I
> remember to re-set it....so what I do in this case is leave the front
> cover open to remind me I have changed something that needs changing
> back.....
>
> My manual is at work at the moment, I took it to photocopy it but got
> sent out on site and did not return to the office....don't you just
> hate it when work gets in the way of your private life???
>
> I will have a look...
>
> Thanks also Dave, I will sort it.
>
> B.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com